Hershey’s Chocolate Baklava
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|2 cups||walnut , chopped||1 cup||HERSHEY'S Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar||1 cup||dates, pitted and chopped||1 tsp||cinnamon||1||egg, beaten||12||phyllo sheets||3/4 cup||unsalted butter , melted||1/2 cup||Hershey's chocolate chips||1 tsp||butter||24||walnuts, halved||HERSHY'S chocolate syrup||2 cups||sugar||1 cup||water||1 tsp||lemon juice|
1. Mix walnut, chocolate, date, cinnamon in a bowl of electric mixer.
2. Transfer into a glass bowl, add egg and mix till well to combine.
3. Preheat oven to 180 C (350C).
4. Grease an oven tray with butter.
5. Place phyllo sheet in prepared tray, brush with butter.
6. Top with another sheet, repeat till you finish half phyllo sheets quantity.
7. Spread filling and cover with remaining phyllo sheets making sure you brush every layer with butter.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
10. Pour enough cold syrup over warm baklava to cover it..
For sugar syrup
11. Place sugar and water in a sauce pan over a medium heat stir to dissolve.
12. Add lemon juice and let boil till thickened.
13. You may add flavors to the syrup as desired (lemon zest, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, rose water), preserve in jar and refrigerate till use.
14. For thicker sugar syrup, add more cup of sugar.
15. Decorate with HERSHY’S chocolate syrup.