Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 cup||HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips 250 mL||1 cup||butter, softened 250 mL||1 3/4 cup||granulated sugar 425 mL||4||eggs 4||1 tsp||vanilla 5 mL||3 tbsp||finely grated orange rind 45 mL||3 cups||all-purpose flour 750 mL||2 tsp||baking powder 10 mL||1/2 tsp||each baking soda and salt 2 mL||1/2 cup||orange juice 125 mL||1/4 cup||orange liqueur or orange juice 50 mL||Icing sugar (optional)|
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Melt chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave, or in bowl over boiling water, until just beginning to lose their shape. Stir until smooth; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until creamy. Beat in vanilla and orange rind.
3. In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with orange juice and liqueur; beat until smooth. Spread 2 cups (500 mL) of the batter in greased and floured 12 cup (3 L) Bundt pan.
4. Stir 2 cups (500 mL) of the batter into melted chocolate until well combined; spread over batter in pan. Spread remaining batter over chocolate batter.
5. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan, on rack, 15 minutes. Gently loosen cake from edge and centre of pan; invert onto rack. Cool completely before slicing. Dust top with icing sugar if desired.
Makes 16 slices.