Hershey's Layered Kunafa
|1/2 kg||kunafa (shredded pastry)||2 tablespoon||powdered sugar||1 cup||ghee||2 tablespoon||HERSHEY'S cocoa powderFor Syrup||2 cups||sugar||1 cup||water||1 tablespoon||lemon juice||1/2 cup||whipping cream||1/2 cup||HERSHEY'S semi-sweet chocolate bars|
- For Syrup
1. Place sugar, water and lemon juice in a pot over medium heat until boiling.
2. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until lightly thickened.
For Chocolate Ganache
1. Heat whipping cream in a pan over medium heat, stir in chocolate chips till it melts.
2. Set aside and let it cool.
1. Place kunafa in a large bowl and gently separate strands with fingers.
2. Add 4 tablespoons ghee and sugar. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Divide dough equally in 2 bowls; add cocoa to 1/3 of kunafa dough. Toss to coat evenly.
4. Pour ghee into a large sauté pan. Arrange 10cm cookie cutters or rings in single layer
5. Place a handful of kunafa in each cookie cutter, and press into a compact even layer about 1 cm thick.
6. Repeat to cook remaining kunafa, adding more ghee as needed.
7. Turn crusts once until golden and crusty on both sides. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Grease 3 round baking dishes with butter or ghee.
3. Divide pastry dough between the dishes, press into compact disk.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
5. Remove kunafa crust from oven and set aside. Repeat to bake remaining kunafa.
6. Place one kunafa crust on a serving plate, drizzle some syrup spread a layer of 3 tablespoons chocolate ganache.
7. Place second cocoa crust over ganache and drizzle some syrup over the top, then cover with a third layer.
8. Garnish with chocolate ganache.